Sunday, March 9, 2008
First Loves
Caleb and Sierra have both declared their first loves. Caleb has a little girl in his school class and Destination Imagination that he really enjoys. He read an article in TIME magazine called The Thermometer of Love, and took the accompanying test to see how he felt about her. After taking the survey, he determined that he was 36% in love, and the next day he went to class and shared the results with his classmates. Caleb's love interest came running out of school to tell me that Caleb had a crush on her, and all I could say was, "You're pretty lucky because he's a really nice guy." Sierra told me that there was a little boy at school who told her he loves her, and that she loves him too. (She said all this in a very sing-song princessy voice complete with clasped hands--I almost expected birds and butterflies to land on her shoulders.) He's not in her class, and she doesn't know his name, so she asked me to very discreetly find out who he is. She made me swear that I would not connect myself to her in any way when I approached him. As soon as she started describing him, I knew who she was talking about, because as she says, he's the fanciest boy in the school. He wears button down shirts and bow ties and has striking coloring with olive skin, black hair, and bright green eyes. (Isn't she too young for this?!?) I performed my mission as required, talking with him as he made his way to his classroom in the morning and catching his name on his school basket without even asking him. I was very discreet indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Carolyn. It sounds like you guys are keeping pretty busy. Caleb looks so much older than the last time I saw pictures of him. We look forward to hearing and seeing more of you guys.
Post a Comment