Saturday, June 21, 2008
A Year with Frog and Toad
The kids and I eagerly anticipate each production we attend at the Dallas Children's Theater. The plays there are fantastic with professional performances and sets. To make it all even better, the preview showings are free! This week we attended Frog and Toad, which we all enjoyed immensely. We sat on the front row and laughed out loud all the way through. I found myself wondering if I'm too easily amused by the song lyrics with their witty word plays and the sets that rotate and move off stage as if by magic. I love sitting up close and seeing the actors' facial expressions and subtle gestures and how the special effects work. Our favorite part was Frog's spooky story when an enormous glow-in-the-dark frog with a thunderous, echoing voice lowered from the ceiling and jumped rope in order to get hungry enough to eat another frog child. Caleb was so engaged that I thought he might jump up on the stage and join the production. He couldn't seem to stop himself from singing the choruses of the songs and calling out comments--when a snail letter carrier started singing a lively number about coming out of his shell, Caleb called out, "Oh, no! I wouldn't do that, if I were you!"

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would have loved watching this play with you. Jennifer and I went to a children's puppet show in Balboa Park and had a blast. I think the little kid in most of us never grows up, don't you?
Post a Comment