Saturday, June 21, 2008
Pet Sitters
Our family pet sitting business has been keeping us busy this week as we care for Snickers. We visit the pampered little Daschund three times daily, taking her on two walks each day and making sure she's inside during the hottest part of the afternoon. She has a lovely swimming pool, which she has generously allowed us to use. The kids are very enthusiastic about performing their responsibilities, rushing to greet her and taking turns holding her leash. Caleb has always wanted a dog of his own, and Sierra has been begging me for a kitten. This morning I asked them how they'd feel about getting a family pet, and Caleb sighed and said, "A dog is an awful lot of work." They revised their plans, and Caleb said maybe he'd be up for a hamster, and Sierra thought she might like a fish. I'm glad we found out the easy way that we're a low-maintenance pet kind of family. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a good way to learn that you're not ready for a [big, furry]pet. We are definitely not either. Randy and I agreed years ago that we would have 3 acres of land before we got a dog. I think it will be a long time before we get one. Nice pool.
Post a Comment