Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Finishing College--Year Two

Our last year at BYU was full of future possibilities. Ted was hired to work at EDS, and took the picture below of himself in the corporate apartments when he flew to Plano for his interview. I completed my student teaching, and we graduated on the same day. Our favorite college times together were spent walking through our neighborhood and hiking in the nearby mountains. One day, we woke up early enough to make the difficult climb up Mt. Timpanogas, where we encountered a herd of mountain goats. As you can see, our apartment was very simple. The only furniture we owned (the rest was rented) was the computer desk and $7 thrift store armchair I'm sitting on. We were very proud of the armchair purchase, and often vied for the best seat in the house. We were finally getting used to each other, and Ted was a very good sport at Christmastime when he went along with my family's eccentric ways and dressed up like a wiseman for a Christmas Eve supper. (I know other people act out the nativity, but I think it's unusual for adults to dress up when there are no young children present.) After graduation, we packed our belongings into a U-haul, dropped them off at our new home in the EDS corporate apartments, and headed off for a shoestring vacation to Paris and London. It was my first time overseas, and Ted, who knew his way around both cities and spoke fluent French, was an excellent tour guide. Highlights of the trip were The Tower of London, seeing Beauty and the Beast and Cats, and visiting the Louvre (my dream come true).








Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cindi said...

This is the year I remember. Whenever I hear about spring snow storms in the Rockies, I still think about your drive from Provo to Texas. So crazy.