Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dr. Jennifer

Hurray! My sister Jennifer graduated from medical school at the University of Arizona last week. Lots of family was there to celebrate--mom and dad; my brother Brent, sister-in-law Ronelle, and their children Katie, Grace, and Joey; my sister Michelle and brother-in-law Danny; and Grandma Dinah. Ted took care of the the kids so I could fly to her graduation for a few days. Being there without my own children gave me a much needed break and extra time to visit with my family, walk through the beautiful desert trails surrounding my parents' home, and get better aquainted with my nieces and nephew. Other than attending her two rather long graduation ceremonies, we spent our time eating, playing games, and talking until 1am in the morning. The two hour time difference had me pretty worn out--I couldn't seem to stop waking up four or five hours after going to bed. Jennifer will be starting her residency in pediatrics in Phoenix this summer. Congratulations to a tremendous future doctor!



















Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ana Maria Cannon said...

Carolyn, thanks so much for documenting this trip/event on your blog. You captured some beautiful shots of you and your siblings. And I agree, Jennifer will make a tremendous doctor. She has such a gentle but aggressive spirit. She won't stop until she has investigated every possibility for her little patients. But I also think she's a compilation of each of her family members too. I think we can all feel a part of each other's accomplishments, because we've each helped each other along the way so much. Don't you think?