Yesterday the kids and I were rear ended at a four-way stop. I went to the chiropractor today with a sore neck, and our bumper had some paint taken off which will cost $800 to repair, but it was a pretty minor incident.
Caleb has been suffering with a sleeping disorder that is quickly becoming worse and more frequent. On an almost nightly basis, he's been waking up drenched in sweat with his teeth chattering uncontrollably. He is very upset and disoriented, and often remembers nothing in the morning. This always happens about 2 hours after we've put him to bed, and never occurs more than once in a night. He's snores and tosses around a lot in his sleep. I've been wondering if he has sleep apnea. I called the sleep specialist and was told it would cost at least $1200 to do a sleep study. (We're on a PPO and are paying out of pocket until we reach the deductible.) Before I do take that route, does anyone have insight or advice?
On a happier note. Caleb has been begging me to let him earn money with his own business, so after brainstorming our possibilities, we decided to do some pet sitting together this summer. I sent out an email to our neighborhood, and the next day we already had our first customer. Hopefully Caleb will enjoy taking care of the animals and will be able to put away some money in his bank account.
A few months ago, Sierra and I walked were walking into the library when we were stopped by an artist asking if he could photograph each of us for a collection of portraits he's making of people in Frisco. He called me a few days ago to say that he'd made my photo into one of his portraits, and that it will be hanging in the Frisco City Hall art exhibition this summer. There will be a reception for the community to attend, and he'd like his subjects there so they can be compared to their picture. I thought he'd certainly rather draw Sierra, but he said he couldn't quite capture her likeness. I have no idea what this rendering of me will look like, and I just hope I had time to curl my frizzy hair the day he took my picture.
5 comments:
You must post pictures of your painting. How exciting.
Wow, Ca, you're a celebrity! You have to show me your portrait when I'm there this summer.
Carolyn! I'm so glad you are all OK after the little accident.
See you soon. -- Tyra
Carolyn, see if you can have a copy of the photo! I'm dying to see it!
How did your portrait turn out? I'm glad to hear your accident was minor and no one was seriously hurt.
Post a Comment