While I love the magic of Disney, I think Silver Dollar City may be climbing the ranks as my favorite amusement park. With two day passes for the price of one, we had plenty of time to take in all the shows, rides, and demonstrations at the Ozark-themed amusement park. The lovely grounds are heavily forested throughout, and the rides rise above the trees. Even though we were there in the summer, we were able to walk onto most of the rides until mid-day. We were treated to lots of regional music as well as two fantastic shows--a circus on ice and an illusionist act. With three different sized children and only one cell phone, it was a bit of a juggling act
accomodating everyone's needs and figuring out when to meet up again. Caleb was a daredevil and wanted to ride all the fastest rides. Sierra surprised me by agreeing to endure one somewhat jolting roller coaster and howling with delight on the gentler water coaster rides. Madeline can't wait until she's tall enough to go on something wilder than the hopping frog ride. The kids also loved the 1880's craft demonstrations, where the artists took the time to answer all our questions. We were even able to hike down into Marvel Cave, situated below the entrance of the park. What a great combination of thrills, entertainment, nature, and educational activities!

Geyser Gulch splash zone

I couldn't pull Caleb and Sierra away from the pottery wheel demonstration. They also really enjoyed glass blowing and basket making, but pottery was by far the fastest result.

The park was filled with the aroma of food cooked on
enormous cast iron skillets

Marvel Cave

Ted was the only one both tall enough and adventurous to ride Wildfire. Unofrtunately, the ride was so fast he couldn't appreciate the beautiful scenery.

Madeline loved the hopping frogs

Caleb rode the
Electro-Spin three times before convincing me to come along. The whirling ride goes up and down a huge arc. Here we are together before take-off joking about what I would do if I wanted off during the ride.
2 comments:
Wow, the park really does look fun. We'll have to try it someday if we're out that way.
I'm struck by the remarkable, lush background of vegetation. It must be the Garden of Eden! Or perhaps it's because I'm looking at it from the perspective of one living in the desert. I think your photographs are postcard quality. They're really beautiful. I'm so touched by the loving look Caleb is giving Madeline on the toad ride. And . . . did you have to jump off during the Elctro-Spin ride?
Post a Comment